Wine Villard Estate Expresion Reserve Sauvignon Blanc, 2009
Light golden color with a barely noticeable light green tint.
Perfectly balanced fresh fruit flavor combines tropical fruits, apricots, citrus and white peach, thanks to this combination, the wine has excellent structure and a long finish.
The excellent combination of citrus, apricots and white peaches in perfect balance with tropical fruit and delicate floral nuances, gives the wine an unrivaled flavor.
It is served with seafood dishes, vegetable salads, goes well with asparagus and cheese, as well is excellent as an aperitif.
Awards and ratings:
- Vintage 2005: 92 points from The Wine Messenger, 91 points from Anthony Gismondi, 87 points from Descorchados;
- Vintage 2004: 88 points from Descorchados;
- Vintage 2003: 4 stars from Vineyards, Wineries & Wines of South America, 90 points from Chilevinos.com and the title of "Best Sauvignon Blanc";
- Vintage 2002: 4 stars from Gula Magazin, Gold Medal Brazilian Guide to Chilean Wines, Gold Medal and 5 glasses of Guia De Vinhos Chilenos;
- Vintage 2001: 5 stars from Vineyards, Wineries & Wines of South Americ;
- Vintage 2000 Gold Medal at the International Exhibition in Slovenia, the Gold Medal at the Mundus Vini 2001, a bronze medal at the competition International Wine and Spirit Competition.
Villard Estate Company was founded in 1989 by Frenchman Thierry Villars. The winery is located in Chile, in the valley of Casablanca. It is considered the best place for wine production. Thierry Villard himself spoke of the valley: "I chose Casablanca, as an exceptional terroir Valley meets all my requirements: it gives an excellent, elegant wines that express how my own vision of wine, and unique features of Casablanca."
Thanks to the local climate with plenty of sunshine and cool sea breezes, the grapes need more time to mature as a result of the berries become saturated and aromatic. Compared with other Chilean wineries, Villars Estate is not very large in area, only 23 hectares, therefore, low yield can be more thoroughly and efficiently process and as a result get a quality product. During the development of the winery has received worldwide recognition, and its founder, being an expert on aging in barrels of wine, imported oak barrels in the South American wineries.