Wine Simonsig, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2008
Wine of deep garnet-red color.
The wine has an elegant, rich flavor with hints of graphite shavings, velvety tannins and a lingering aftertaste.
Enchanting aroma of the wine is filled with notes of violets, cherries, cedar and black berries.
The wine goes well with roast beef, lamb leg and rooster braised in wine.
After fermentation, the wine is aged 20 months in French (70%) and American (30%) oak barrels, of which only 8% - new, others - two, three and four-year.
Awards Simonsig Cabernet Sauvignon at international wine competitions:
- Vintage 2008: three stars from "John Platter Wine Guide 2012";
- Vintage 2007: a silver medal notes "Veritas 2011", 3½ stars on "Platter's Guide 2011";
- Vintage 2006: Silver Medal at the "Veritas 2009";
- Vintage 2004: Silver Medal at the "Swiss International Air Lines Wine Awards 2008";
- Vintage 2003: Silver in the "Veritas 2007", bronze at the "International Wine and Spirit Competition 2007";
- Vintage 2002: Gold Medal for "Veritas 2006";
- Vintage 2000: a bronze medal at the "Veritas 2007".
Simonsig wine estate owner, located in the northwestern part of Stellenbosch, is family Malan. The estate noble grape varieties are cultivated and produced some of the best wines of South Africa. The estate is famous for its red and white wines, and sparkling wines, champagne-producing method. The vineyards of the estate are located at the foot of Simons and cover an area of over 300 hectares. The company is one of the largest private wine producers in South Africa. Each wine Simonsig - a reflection of the family tradition of high-quality wine.