Wine Simonsig, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2007
Wine rich garnet color
Juicy taste of wine, fruit, c spicy nuances of vanilla, hints of mocha and a slight scent of wood shavings. Dense tannic structure gives it the elegance and finesse.
Gorgeous rich aroma of the wine reveals notes of red currant, black mulberry berries and light oak nuances.
The wine goes well with roast beef, lamb leg and rooster braised in wine.
After fermentation, the wine is aged 23 months in French (62%) and American (38%) oak barrels, of which only 5% - a new, others - two- and three-year.
Awards "Simonsig Cabernet Sauvignon" at international wine competitions:
- Vintage 2006: Silver Medal at the "Veritas 2009";
- Vintage 2004: Silver Medal at the "Swiss International Air Lines Wine Awards 2008";
- Vintage 2003: Silver in the "Veritas 2007", bronze at the "International Wine and Spirit Competition 2007";
- Vintage 2002: Gold Medal for "Veritas 2006";
- Vintage 2000: a bronze medal at the "Veritas 2007".
Simonsig wine estate owner, located in the northwestern part of Stellenbosch, is family Malan. The estate noble grape varieties are cultivated and produced some of the best wines of South Africa. The estate is famous for its red and white wines, and sparkling wines, champagne-producing method. The vineyards of the estate are located at the foot of Simons and cover an area of over 300 hectares. The company is one of the largest private wine producers in South Africa. Each wine Simonsig - a reflection of the family tradition of high-quality wine.