Wine Fox Creek, "Red Baron" Shiraz, 2015
- Grape varieties:
Vintages and volumes
Wine bright purple.
The taste of wine is rich and full-bodied, with hints of plum and black cherry, notes of coffee and cream tones of roasted nuts, chocolate nuances framed young tannins and a long finish with oak overtones.
Bouquet of the wine reveals aromas of plums and cherries, which are interwoven with hints of cinnamon and walnuts, toasted notes of toast and blueberry muffins.
Wine is the perfect accompaniment to red meat, roast poultry and game, lamb or beef stewed in red sauce, cheese.
"Red Baron" Shiraz - one of the best wines monosepazhnyh company, for which the grapes are grown in the elite areas of the Valley McLaren. Intended for use at a young age, wine charms juicy, fresh, fruit-flavored soft and smooth with ripe tannins. The special charm of flowers impart notes of oak that wine gets during aging.
Season 2013 was marked by warm temperatures during the ripening of the grapes, which allowed the grapes reach maximum ripeness and buy fruit flavors and soft tannins. In the process of vinification wort within 7-8 days undergone primary fermentation, and after compression has completed fermentation in tanks and old oak barrels. Extract of wine took place in barrels of French and American oak.
"Red Baron" Shiraz 2013 it was noted:
- Double Gold Medal at the "China Wine & Spirits Awards, 2014";
- Gold Medal at the "AWC Vienna, 2014";
- Gold Medal at the "Spiegelau International Wine Competition, 2014" (New Zealand);
- Gold Medal at the "International Wine Guide, 2014" (Spain);
- Gold Medal at the "China Wine & Spirits Awards, Best Value, 2014";
- Silver Medal at the "Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition, 2014";
- Silver Medal at the "International Wine and Spirit Competition, 2014";
- Bronze Medal at the "McLaren Vale Wine Show, 2014";
- Bronze Medal at the "Japan Wine Challenge, 2014";
- 4 stars for "World's Greatest Shiraz Challenge Tasting Winestate Magazine" (September / October 2014 ".
History of Fox Creek began from the moment when Jim and Helen Watts in 1984 purchased 32 acres of land in Sun Valley McLaren. Despite the fact that many tried to dissuade them from ideas to break the vineyards here, they went after his dream and thanks to the hard work and professional approach created a wonderful wine, which today are the owners of gold medals at many international competitions.
The mild climate of the Valley McLaren is very similar to the Mediterranean coast. Due to the proximity of the ocean is never cold, and almost the entire year (except the winter months) is warm and dry weather, which protects the vines from disease. Among a lot of attention is given to methods of biodynamics, particularly for pest control are used, some species of predatory insects and birds to attract around which the vines are planted trees specifically. Fox Creek is practicing the most harmless to the environment vine cultivation techniques and tries to minimize the use of chemicals that allows you to create eco-friendly wines of the highest quality.