Dear guests, website is working in test mode now. Orders are temporarily not accepted.

Wine Stores.

Wine Donato D'Angelo, Balconara, Basilicata IGT

$ 67
Find similar
Quality Assurance
1 rating for other vintages

Vintages and volumes

Order by phone
+7 (495) 988-45-58 Call us
Our wine consultant (sommelier) will help you choose the wine to the table or as a gift. And will respond to all your questions on the wines.
Call Me Back

Tasting Notes


The wine has a dark red color.


The taste of wine is full, powerful, tannic, mature, with a combination of smoky nuances, leather and dark chocolate. The finish is long and intriguing.


The distinctive aroma of the wine is replete with notes of dark juicy fruits and plums.


Wine harmoniously with pasta under meat sauce, meat stew with vegetables, steak, seasoned cheeses.

Interesting Facts

D'Angelo, Balconara, Basilicata IGT - dry red wine made from the grape varieties Allianico and Cabernet Sauvignon, which are grown in the vineyards of the company in the region of Basilicata. Balconara is one of the most suitable areas for producing great red wines. The vineyards are located on the volcanic soil at an altitude of about 500 m above sea level. Since these two varieties have different ripening periods, they are harvested and vinified separately. After the completion of the alcoholic fermentation, both wines are collected for shipment to a 50 hl refined barrel, where they are stored for at least 15 months. Wine harmoniously with pasta under meat sauce, meat stew with vegetables, steak, seasoned cheeses.

Producer's description

The history of the agricultural company Donato D'Angelo began in 2001 with the acquisition of 20 hectares of vineyards in Aglianico del Vulture, including the municipalities of Barile, Ripacandida and Musquito. 80% of the vineyards are cultivated Aglianico, the remaining 20% are Cabernet Sauvignon and Fiano. Currently, the company is managed by Filomena Ruppi and her husband Donato D'Angelo, who, after more than 40 years of working in the family business (a company studying the territorial features of the region), decided to apply all his knowledge, skills and experience directly to the winery. Today, the company's production volume is about 150,000 bottles per year. The assortment of the company is exported to various European and non-EU countries. The company's philosophy is to provide high quality products, which can be achieved by obtaining the best results, especially in the vineyards. Therefore, careful attention is paid to the painstaking work of winegrowers, and then to the subsequent stages of production.

"Our goal is to remain unchanged in quality, and to demonstrate this, we are ready to sacrifice mediocre vintages, in the sense that if the vintage is not very convincing in terms of quality, we will not bottle it," Filomena Ruppi.


Recently viewed
In our store you can buy wine Donato D'Angelo, Balconara, Basilicata IGT, price Donato D'Angelo, Balconara, Basilicata IGT — $ 67. Producer wine Donato D'Angelo. Delivery Donato D'Angelo, Balconara, Basilicata IGT.

In common with most websites, WineStyle uses "cookies". Click here to find out more.