Wine Clos Quebrada De Macul, Domus Aurea Cabernet Sauvignon 2007
- Grape varieties:
Vintages and volumes
Wine luxurious radiant ruby color.
Wine with rich, concentrated and balanced taste with abundant tannins. Warm notes of fig, currant jam and sweet and bitter notes of licorice. Excellent length, long aftertaste. Good potential for aging.
The wine has a balsamic aroma with hints of chocolate, espresso, graphite, menthol, black currant, blackberry and orange peel.
The wine goes well with a variety of meat dishes, especially with grilled lamb and mushrooms and sweet red pepper.
Domus Aurea - the most famous and award-winning wine made on the eponymous winery of Clos Quebrada De Macul. Domus Aurea is often compared to French wines Grand Cru Class.
Agriculture Clos Quebrada de Macul was founded relatively recently - in 1995. The founders of the winery began Ricardo Peña, who inherited the estate, as well as David Williams and his brother Jorge. A little later they were joined by 2 oenologist - Jean-Pascal Lacaze and Patrick Valette. Before the estate passed into the possession of Ricardo Peña, the entire harvest of grapes sold to other wineries.
When winemaker Jean-Pascal Lacaze ask why wine Clos Quebrada de Macul obtained so special, he invariably replied that reasons for that "old vines growing on the slopes, located in a great location, very low yields, wine-making philosophy of" non-interference "and, most importantly , the desire to achieve extremely high quality. "
Another co-owner of Clos Quebrada De Macul, David Williams, says of the wine sector: "We originally did not set the task of making wine in Bordeaux or California style. We just give the blame to fully show what the Chilean equivalent of the Grand Cru ..." .
Wine Domus Aurea is aged for 18 months in French oak barrels and 18 months in bottle. Domus Aurea label made famous Chilean artist Benjamin Lira. Wine Domus Aurea in addition to assessments in the world rankings awarded a number of awards and titles:
- Vintage 2003: Descorchados 2006 de Patricio Tapia (Guide Chilean wines) - among the ten best Cabernet Sauvignon - 92 points;
- Vintage 2001: Descorchados de Patricio Tapia 2004 - 90 points; Guia de Vinos de Chile 2004 - 3 glasses (excellent), Vineyards, Wineries & Wines of South America in 2006 (guide to the wines of South America) - 4 stars (excellent);
- Vintage 1999: Guia de Vinos de Chile - among the ten best wines of Chile category Premium - 92 points;
- Vintage 1998: Guia de Vinos de Chile - third place in the category Premium, Descorchados de Patricio Tapia 2002 - 3rd place;
- Vintage 1997: Descorchados de Patricio Tapia - 3rd place; Guia de Vinos de Chile 2001 - Gold Medal;
- Vintage 1996: Guia de Vinos de Chile - 4th place.
Wine is subject to pre-decantation.