Wine Clos Malverne Pinotage Reserve 2005
The wine is dark plum color.
Clos Malvern Pinotage Reserve has a fruity taste, filled with notes of vanilla and spices. Wine has already reached its maturity.
The wine has a scent with notes of ripe berries.
The wine goes well with meat dishes and cheeses.
Economy Clos Malvern owned by the family Pritchard. Seymour Pritchard bought an estate Malvern Heights in 1969 from Colonel JW Billingham, who named it in honor of the hilly terrain around Malvern in his native England. When Seymour became interested in wine in the mid-1980s, France was still in the center of the universe of wine, and so he decided to change the name of the estate in the French style - Clos Malverne. For many years, until 1985 the estate Clos Malverne supplied grapes to the winery Stellenbosch Farmers' Winery. However, in 1986 the economy was produced 800 bottles of wine Cabernet Sauvignon, which turned out so good that Seymour Pritchard decided to take wine seriously. During the 90s Clos Malverne continues to gain strength, and was increased area of vineyards. Today farm Clos Malvern supplies approximately 70% of its wines for export to the UK, Ireland, Holland, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, the USA and Japan.
Wine Clos Malvern Pinotage Reserve - the most in the series titled Clos Malvern and received a number of awards at various competitions:
- Pinotage Reserve 2007 was awarded the Gold Medal at the Concours Mondial - 2009 in Brussels;
- Pinotage Reserve 2006 won the silver medal at the Selections Mondiales Des Vins Canada 2008 and bronze medal at the Decanter International Competition Awards - 2008 and International Wine Challenge Competition - 2008;
- Pinotage Reserve 2005 won the silver medal at the Michelangelo International Wine Awards - 2007;
- Pinotage Reserve 2004 won the silver medal at the Swiss International Air Lines Wine Awards - 2007;
- Pinotage Reserve 2003 - winner of the ABSA Top-October 2006, and was awarded the Gold Medal at the Concours Mondial de Bruxelles - 2006 Silver medal at the Swiss International Air Lines Wine Awards - 2006 and bronze medals at the International Wine Challenge Competition - 2006;
- Pinotage Reserve 2002 won a gold medal at the Michelangelo International Wine Awards - 2005 and the Silver Medal at Veritas-wine competition in 2005, and was a finalist for ABSA Top-10 in 2005;
- Pinotage Reserve 2000 was awarded the Gold Medal at the International Wine & Spirit Competition - 2002 in London (only two varieties Pinotage wines were able to win top awards in this competition). Wine also won a gold medal at the Michelangelo International Wine Awards - 2002;
- Pinotage Reserve 1999 was awarded the Silver Medal at the Concours Mondial - 2001 in Brussels, as well as the Silver Medal at the International Wine Challenge - 2001 in London and the silver medal at the Expovina International Wine Awards - 2001 in Zurich;
- Pinotage Reserve 1998 considered the best wine varieties Pinotage according to Wine Spectator, 2001, and was awarded the Gold Medal at the Juliet Cullinan Masters Awards - in 2001 and the title of "Best Pinotage."
- Pinotage Reserve 1998 was awarded the gold medal at the Michelangelo International Wine Awards - 2000 and Concours Mondial - 2000 in Brussels;
- Pinotage Reserve 1997 was awarded the Gold Medal at Veritas wine competition in 1998.