Wine Clos Malverne Pinotage 2005
The wine is dark plum color.
Clos Malvern Pinotage - fruity wine with good length and balanced tannins. Wine has already reached its maturity.
The wine has a scent with notes of ripe fruit, plums and berries, as well as notes of spices and wood shades.
The wine goes well with meat dishes and cheeses.
Economy Clos Malvern owned by the family Pritchard. Seymour Pritchard bought an estate Malvern Heights in 1969 from Colonel JW Billingham, who named it in honor of the hilly terrain around Malvern in his native England. When Seymour became interested in wine in the mid-1980s, France was still in the center of the universe of wine, and so he decided to change the name of the estate in the French style - Clos Malverne. For many years, until 1985 the estate Clos Malverne supplied grapes to the winery Stellenbosch Farmers' Winery. However, in 1986 the economy was produced 800 bottles of wine Cabernet Sauvignon, which turned out so good that Seymour Pritchard decided to take wine seriously. During the 90s Clos Malverne continues to gain strength, and was increased area of vineyards. Today farm Clos Malvern supplies approximately 70% of its wines for export to the UK, Ireland, Holland, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, the USA and Japan.
Wine Clos Malvern Pinotage was awarded a number of awards at various competitions:
- Clos Malverne Pinotage 2004 won a silver medal at the 2006 Veritas wine competition;
- Clos Malverne Pinotage 2000 was the winner in its class in the South African National Young Wine Show - 2000;
- Clos Malverne Pinotage 1999 took place in the SAA listing - First and Business Class - 2000;
- Clos Malverne Pinotage 1998 was awarded the Gold Medal at the wine competition Veritas -1999, and also became a Top Ten Pinotage - Pinotage Association and was awarded the Silver Medal at the International Wine Challenge - 1999, in London;
- Clos Malverne Pinotage 1996 won a bronze medal at the World Wine Championships - 1996, USA