Cognac "Baron Otard" V.S., 0.5 L
Brandy inherent golden yellow color.
The taste of cognac is based on the colors of honey, dried fruit, has a light smoky echo.
Youth brandy aroma emphasizes flowering vines.
Cognac is great as a digestif, ideal for cocktails, especially good it is combined with tonic, ice or citrus juices.
Cognac "Baron Otard" - "an aristocrat by birth," the only cognac, born in the castle of Cognac. It has more than 200-year history. For the production of cognac "Baron Otard" alcohols from grapes used four best areas of the Cognac region - Grand and Petit Champagne, Borderies and Fins Bois.
Cognac Otard among the top five best-selling cognac in the world. Cognac VSOP and XO class in 2002 received a gold medal in international competition "The International Wine & Spirit Competition", and "Otard" XO Gold received the title of "Best Cognac year."
Baron Jean Baptiste Antoine Otard was born in 1763 near the town of Cognac. In his 30 years, he was arrested for being sincerely and boldly expressed criticism of the authorities. It was during this difficult period in his life was an amazing event - the day before the scheduled date of the execution of a large crowd of townspeople came to the walls of the prison and freed the baron.
First Baron Otard created his legendary cognac in 1795. At the same time he acquired the royal castle "Chateau de Cognac", which at the time was considered the property of the state, and actually saved the estate from imminent destruction. Thanks to his personal qualities and loyal friends who provided invaluable support to the Baron, Baron in 1804 was elected mayor of the city, and remained so until his death - until 1834. Baron Otard lived in the villa, which in 1829 made the premises of the City Hall. Mayor, thanks to its equitable, enjoyed a very deep respect and affection of fellow citizens. They twice elected him a member of Parliament. In 1822 he was awarded the French National Order of the Legion of Honor. In 1824, at the age of 61-year Baron died and was buried in the church of "St. Leger" (Cant Leger).