Wine "Lighea" Zibibbo, Sicilia IGP, 2014
Wine brilliant straw-yellow color with greenish reflections.
The taste of wine is fresh and fragrant, with a well-balanced structure and acidity.
The wine has an attractive aroma, in which notes of citrus, in particular, pink grapefruit, intertwined with floral tones of orange color and nuances of Mediterranean herbs.
Great wine as a companion fish dishes - grilled fish, fried fish, fish sauce. Also served with pasta and salads.
White wine "league" is made from grapes Zibibbo, which is collected with a fairly young vines grown in Pantelleria on volcanic soils rich in minerals. Berries are collected in late August, and then subjected to a soft pressing of fermentation at a controlled temperature. Wine is aged for several months in the bottle in the cellars of the winery before it goes on sale. Serve wine "Lighea" recommended chilled to a temperature of 9-11 ° C by the glass tulip-shaped medium size on a thin stalk. Uncork the bottle must be just before serving.
Wine "Lighea" - winner of many awards and titles, including:
• vintage 2010 - the title of "Best White Wine of Italy" - The annual competition for the best wines of Italy Luca Maroni, 2012;
• Vintage 2009 - Award "Vino Frutto" - The annual competition for the best wines of Italy Luca Maroni, 2011;
• vintage 2007 - Silver Medal - Selections Mondiales des Vins, Canada, 2008;
• Vintage 2006 - Oscar for the ratio of "price-quality" - Almanacco del Bere Bene, Gambero Rosso, 2008;
• Vintage 2004 - Award "Vino Frutto" - The annual competition for the best wines of Italy Luca Maroni, 2006;
• Vintage 2002 - Gold Medal - XXII Banco d 'Assaggio Vini d' Italia di Torgiano, 2003;
• Vintage 2001 - Gold Medal - XXII Banco d 'Assaggio Vini d' Italia di Torgiano, 2002;
• Vintage 2001 - Award "Vino Frutto" - The annual competition for the best wines of Italy Luca Maroni, 2003;
• Vintage 2000 - Gold Medal - Guida al Vino Quotidiano Slow Food, Italy, 2001;
• vintage 1999 - Silver Medal - Vinalies Internationales, France, 2001;
• vintage 1998 - Silver Medal - Vinalies Internationales, France, 2000.
With the Italian economy Donnafugata name translates as "the woman fled." There is a legend about the escape of Queen Maria Carolina, who had fled from Naples and found its home in the small town in the heart of Santa Margherita Belice Valley, in the palace under the stars. Also, thanks to this event on many labels depicting the head of a woman with hair flowing.
Rallo dynasty for 150 years engaged in the production of the best wines of Sicily. On the basis of family tradition and the company was founded more modern format - Donnafugata. In this Sicilian family is always a party atmosphere. During the harvest in the vineyards of Donnafugata satisfied night music festival. Most of the vineyards are located in the south-east of Sicily, in the area of Contessa Entellina. Grapes in Donnafugata going at night; the farm using solar energy, which is due to solar cells is converted into electricity. Also deserves special attention the company's website Donnafugata, which is considered one of the best sites among winemakers in Italy!