Wine Chateau de Sancerre, "Cuvee du Connetable", 2009
The color of wine - yellow gold with patches of sunlight.
The wine has a full, intense flavor with a rich and quite dense structure, hints of candied fruit and nuances of vanilla and mocha, mineral accents. The finish is fresh and long.
Complex aroma of the wine shows a combination of floral and fruit notes with a splash of ginger and apricot nuances.
The wine matches perfectly with fish in sauce, white meats, goat cheeses.
Chateau de Sancerre, "Cuvee du Connetable" - a great white wine of the house Marnier-Lapostolle. The wine produced on the estate Chateau de Sancerre in the Loire Valley. The name of the wine is named after Louis Sancerre so that in the XIV century, received the honorary title "The Constable of France." This highest state post honored those who showed courage in the military case. As a tribute to historical fact and in memory of the once former owner of the old castle Sancerre, today, this wine continues to remind of the glorious deeds of the past. "Constable de Cuvée" is created from the peak reached maturity and hand picked Sauvignon Blanc grapes grown in the rich soils of silicon and limestone. In the process of vinification must not subjected to malolactic fermentation, and its elegant character receives due to a one-year aging in oak barrels, 95% of which have already been used, and the remaining 5% involved the first time. The potential for storing wine is from 4 to 6 years, during which the wine receives the necessary maturity and can fully reveal its depth. The wine is produced in a limited quantity.
The farm Chateau de Sancerre was purchased by the then owner of Marnier-Lyapostol - Louis-Alexandre - in 1919. Its name the estate is named after the region where he was born Monsieur Louis-Alexander, and his heart is the only one in Sancerre historic castle, leading his chronicle from the X century. Here, in the estate Chateau de Sancerre, made three wines: Sancerre Blanc, Sancerre Rouge "Cuvée du constable."
History Marnier-Lapostolle began back in 1827, when an ancestor of the current owners, Jean-Baptiste Lyapostol built a small plant in a small suburb of Paris - Ne-le-Chateau. Plan to open their own business, he wanted to create original drinks based on natural fruits and cognac. In 1876, son of Jean-Baptiste - Eugene Lyapostol marries Julia, the daughter of a wine merchant, Louis-Alexandre Marnier. This union was the beginning of not only a new family, and general business - House of Marnier Lapostolle. Actually, since the company Marnier-Lapostolle got its name, and a bright future. The company began to engage in the production of original liqueurs, an innovative idea which was based on the creation of technology blending brandy and citrus fruit imported from the Caribbean. While oranges was fairly expensive, so the idea of creating this kind of drinks was not only unprecedented, but also quite expensive. So there was liquor "Grand Marnier", won international fame and brought us a wide popularity. By the way, the company still kept an ancient recipe, by which time, a century ago, and the creation of the first liqueurs Marnier-Lapostolle. Liquor is notable for the fact that in 1912 he fed to the infamous "Titanic." Moreover, one bottle of "Grand Marnier" managed to raise from the bottom of the ocean, and now it is kept in the "Museum of the Titanic" in London.
Over time, the economy expanded by acquiring new estates in France, and in 1994 by Alexander Marnier, representing the sixth generation of the family, founded Lapostolle winery in Chile, where he began producing wines from grapes grown on biodynamic techniques. In 2011 Marne-Lyapostol launched in Chile manufacturing of a new product - pisco "Kappa", and in 2013 the premiere of another brand - "GM Titanium". Today Marne Lyapostol - large company specializing in the manufacture and sale of wines and spirits in the world, headquartered in New York City.