Wine Chateau d'Armailhac Pauillac AOC 5-me Grand Cru Classe 2000
Wine rich plum-purple.
The wine has a rich, mellow taste with sweet tannins, exotic and spicy, with hints of charcoal, cedar, black currants, mixed with spices, dried herbs and notes of espresso.
The wine has a flavor with smoky notes and dominant shades of espresso coffee, nuts, Asian spices, black plums, currants and skin.
The wine goes well with meat dishes.
Chateau d'Armayyak belonging to the family of Baron Rothschild and has undergone numerous changes in the course of its history, in the late XX century returned to the origins of his name.
In the local land registry from 1680 there is mention of Armayyak brothers - owners of land in Pauillac. There are also references to the descendants of the brothers Armayyak, who was involved in the production of red wines in the plant family in 1750. At the end of the XVIII century Chateau recorded in the registers under the name "Darmailhacq". At that time, the estate consisted of 128 acres between Brane-Mouton (now known as Mouton Rothschild) and Pibran. Owner of Chateau 1844 was the wife of Mr. Joseph Odeh Darmayaka (Joseph Odet Darmailhacq). In 1855, during the official classification Chateau d'Armayyak was awarded the status of the Fifth Grand Cru. In the same 1855 Arman d'Armayyak published a treatise on viticulture and winemaking in the Medoc. In 1878, married one of the daughters d'Armayyak, Count Adrien de Ferran bought Chateau, which owned by that time had 170 acres of land. In 1931, for further development of the Chateau, the Count de Ferran decided to attract investors and create for this company shareholders, which included young and Baron Philippe de Rothschild. After the death of Count, Baron Rothschild continues begun business and displays a high level of Chateau. From 1947 to 1966 Chateau d'Armailhac, combined with Mouton Rotshilt, received a production base with large outbuildings for storage and good technical equipment. All this helped to strengthen the position of the Chateau d'Armayyak and confirm recognized quality wines Fifth Grand Cru.
In 1989, Baroness Rothschild restored historic site name, renaming it back to the Chateau d'Armayyak. On the wine label depicts Bacchus with artworks of the XVIII century Nevers stored in the Museum of Art of Wine at the Chateau Mouton Rothschild.