Wine Chateau Caronne Sainte-Gemme, Haut-Medoc AOC, 2007, 375 ml
Wine beautiful purple color.
The taste of wine is very elegant, juicy, fruity, with a beautiful structure and balance, with a strong but rounded tannins, with a lovely long finish.
In the bright and intense aroma of wine felt the tone of fruit, notes of smoke, black pepper and oak.
Wine perfectly paired with dishes of French, Spanish, Italian food, red meat, poultry, game and various cheeses.
Wine Chateau Caron St. Gemme has a number of top awards:
- A gold medal at the competition "Challenge International du Vin, 2010";
- A gold medal at the competition "Concours de Bordeaux Vins d'Aquitaine, 2010";
- A bronze medal at the competition "Concours des Grands Vins de France Macon, 2010";
- A bronze medal at the competition "International Wine & Spirit Competition, 2010";
- The status of "Commended" at the contest "Decanter World Wine Awards, 2010";
- The status of "Commended" in the competition "International Wine Challenge, 2012".
Chateau Caronne Sainte-Gemme is located in the village of Saint-Laurent in the Médoc. Translated from the Gallic "Caronne" - "small source" in whose honor and was named the estate. Its history dates back to the XVIII century. In 1900 the property was acquired by Emil Bori and is still owned by the family. The vineyard covers an area of 45 hectares on sandy and gravel soils rich in iron. Plantings are composed of 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 37% Merlot and 3% Petit Verdot, and the average age of the vines is 30 years. In 1932 the property was classified as a Cru Bourgeois, and in 1966 received the "Palme d'Or". Large investments have been made in the construction of the second winery, in basements and repair depots. Caronne Sainte Gemme produces dry red wines that display a great depth of fruit tones, the structure and nature of the fault. The team consists of a winery owner Francois Noni - a representative of the fourth generation of the family Bori, and oenologist Guyomard and Dauga.